Bluegrass Endodontics, PLLC – Hendersonville & Mt. Juliet TN
With the appropriate care, your teeth that have had endodontic treatment will last as long as other natural teeth. Yet, a tooth that has received treatment may fail to heal or pain may continue to exist. Sometimes, the pain may occur months or years after treatment. If so, Endodontic Retreatment may be needed.
Improper healing may be caused by:
- Curved or narrow canals were not treated during the initial treatment.
- Complicated canals went undetected during the initial treatment.
- The crown or restoration was not placed within the appropriate amount of time following the procedure.
- The crown or restoration did not prevent saliva from contaminating the inside of the tooth.
Hendersonville Office Phone Number 615-824-7546 Mt. Juliet
Mt. Juliet Office Phone Number 615-553-4319 Request an
Our office hours are Monday through Friday 8:00AM - 5:00PM for both locations.
In some cases, new problems can influence a tooth that was successfully treated:
- New decay can expose a root canal filling material, causing infection.
- A cracked or loose filling or crown can expose the tooth to new infection.
Once retreatment has been selected as a solution to your problem, the doctor will reopen your tooth to gain access to the root canal filling material. This restorative material will be removed to enable access to the root canal. The doctor will then clean your canals and carefully examine the inside of the problematic tooth. Once cleaned, the doctor will fill and seal the canals and place a temporary filling in the tooth.
At this point, you will need to return to your dentist as soon as possible in order to have a new crown or restoration placed on the tooth to restore full functionality.
Bluegrass Endodontics, PLLC
Patient Review By Bobby B
- Bobby B
Patient Review By Wanda M
- Wanda M
Patient Review By John W
I would certainly recommend this office to any of my family or friends.
- John W
Patient Review By Lorrie H
Quality and friendly team of professionals that is patient focused. Easy to schedule procedure. No pain during root canal.
- Lorrie H